Sunday, July 19, 2015

Replacing Cheap Door Knobs

New Vintage Knobs
After living in our new house for a few weeks we realized that the door knobs were cheap. Zach had to rig them up with some duck tape inside just so we can use them properly. WHAT A HASSLE!

We found the same door knobs online, which were about $17 a piece. Cheaply priced, cheaply made. Then we found the good quality ones that we need to fit the door properly. $70 BUCKS EACH! Zach kept telling me to buy one every month till they were all replaced, but I couldnt bring myself to do it. I am a cheapo and we need nine door knobs total. 9 x $70 = $630 JUST FOR DOOR KNOBS!

I waited and waited. I started getting stuck in the bathrooms and the boys rooms, because they were falling apart. Once when I got stuck in the bathroom, I had to unscrew the knob plate with my tweezers. At least my two boys (5 and 18 months) were with me and I didn't have to worry about their well-being. lol Wow. This is kinda funny as I am writing all of this down.

Anyways, Zach kept telling me to buy the $70 ones. "No!" I said, "You are just going to have to push that Buy button, cause I can't do it." Zach got on Ebay and started to look at vintage/antique knobs. We found two for $30 total! YAY! Zach installed them, and they are great! They work perfectly and look old. WIN WIN!

So all of our door knobs will be different, which gives our house just a little bit more personality.


No comments:

Post a Comment