Saturday, January 28, 2017

Classic Movie: Journey to the Center of the Earth

At first you might over-look this movie because it is a 1950s Sci-fi, but this movie has so much to offer: action, adventure, love, wit. And don't forget about the graphics. That is one appeal of this movie. They did such a great job with the graphics considering the year it was made (1959).

It is probably cheesy to some, but it is more nostalgic for me. This movie and The Teahouse of the August Moon had such an impact on me when I was young. So much so, that I use the three notches in Journey to the Center of the Earth as my painting signature. 

Sweet Potato - Watercolor

Now lets talk about Pat Boone. Handsome and smooth are two words I would use to describe Pat. He's got the looks and the voice. He makes it look so easy when he sings, and the smoothness of his voice is...well, listen for yourself. Pat Boone - My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose

Give this movie a try! You don't want to miss the giant lizards, a crystal paradise, and let's not forget James Mason!

Pat Boone and Arlene Dahl





No comments:

Post a Comment